City of Murray – Lead Operator (WW Plant)
Under general supervision, assists in the daily operation and maintenance of the wastewater plant, involving the collection and treatment of wastewater; supervision of Plant Operators; performs related work as required.
1. Assists in the daily operation of the wastewater plant, including start-up and/shut-down of plant and equipment, involving collection and distribution of wastewater in compliance with established procedures and standards and federal and state laws and administrative regulations.
2. Monitors and maintains lift stations in accordance with established standards.
3. Assists with inspection and/or monitoring of pumps, charts, gages and meters daily.
4. Adds chemicals in accordance with prescribed standards; assist lab personnel in collection of wastewater samples; checks proper adjustment of feeder equipment; adjusts chemicals as necessary.
5. Assists in training of Operators as needed.
6. Prepares and maintains accurate reports/records.
7. Forwards wastewater samples and reports as required.
8. Conducts process control testing; analyzes results and adjust process controls as required.
9. Assists with maintaining adequate inventory of spare parts, chemicals, equipment and tools.
10. Assists with minor construction projects.
11. Assists with cleaning of plant and grounds.
12. Attends continuing education programs.
Graduation from high school or equivalent.
Certification Requirements: Must possess and maintain a Class IV Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators License issued by the Kentucky Division of Water.
City of Murray
500 Main Street
Murray, KY 42071