City of Paris, KY – Financial Coordinator
This is a full time professional level position that will work closely with the Finance Director to provide analysis of the City’s fiscal records by applying generally acceptable accounting principles. Will be involved in processes related to treasury management, financial planning, revenue management, and control. This position will perform bookkeeping and technical accounting work in the preparation and maintenance of fiscal and accounting records and data. Their work involves monitoring and balancing accounts, disbursing and allocating funds, and preparing a variety of reports.
· Monitors and ensures the integrity of the general ledger and sub-ledgers, including evaluating and analyzing transactions, internal control monitoring, and preparing accurate and timely reconciliations, and financial analyses and reports.
· Research accounts and prepare adjustments for subsequent posting.
· Coordinates, prepares, and submits debt payments, debt disclosures, debt compliance schedules, and other debt-related activities and functions.
· Performs complex accounting duties, including providing technical support in the preparation, maintenance, and operation of the accounting function, including the general ledger, payroll, accounts payable accounts receivable, and year-end audit work papers.
· Prepares and submits various reports and information to internal and external agencies.
· Assists in the preparation of the City’s Financial Reports and Annual Budget report.
· Makes certain all financial reporting deadlines are met.
· Collects and records statistical data and prepares reports for management. Attends work promptly and regularly.
· Maintains financial documents and records for grants and projects.
· Reviews and serves in the approval process of accounting processes as appropriate for internal controls, such as approving accounts payable.
· Performs assigned accounting functions. The following duties are representative but not inclusive of the assigned duties of all positions of this title: Cash recording and management, bank reconciliation, fixed asset transactions including capital asset acquisition, disposal, and depreciation, federal, state or local reporting, accounts receivable and collection activities, contract and grant financial management, budget management and reporting, and financial activity reconciliation and reporting.
· Performs related work as required. These additional duties may represent tasks typically performed by those in a lesser or more advanced job grade.
Degree in accounting or public administration; 2 years working knowledge in accounting and finance; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Knowledge of accounting regulations for organizations working within the local government
Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work effectively within time constraints
Thorough knowledge of Financial systems and procedures
· Knowledge of the theories and practices of municipal fiscal administration and accounting.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and other related software
· Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Ability to identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions that are in accordance with laws, ordinances, and established principles.
KY State Retirement
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Email Resume to Assistant City Manager Kevin Mayhorn email@example.com or HR Director Jacob Barker firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Paris, KY
525 High Street
Paris, KY 40361