Contact for Lab Analyst Program
Mandy Spaulding: email@example.com
The Kentucky Laboratory Analysts Committee was created under the KY Water and Wastewater Operators' Association (KWWOA) for individuals employed in the water quality field. The mission of the KLA is to promote the development of precise and accurate data for the protection and interest of our water quality laboratories and systems. The Committee's goals are to:
- provide lab analysts with the knowledge and training to produce high quality data,
- to stress training, in order to increase personal performance, improve lab management and prevent errors,
- improve communication between laboratories, by sharing information, experience and resources,
- encourage career development, and
- improve the professional status of the water and wastewater laboratory analysts.
KLA qualifies applicants for certification based on the criteria established by the Association of Boards of Certification. The education and experience required for each level of certification is outlined below:
- Class I - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent, plus one year of acceptable experience
- Class II - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent, plus three years of acceptable experience
- Class III - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent, 900 contact hours of post high school education, plus four years of acceptable experience
- Class IV - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent, 1,800 contact hours of post high school education, plus four years of acceptable experience
To maintain your certification, you must also maintain your membership in KWWOA and the KLA. Membership may be initiated and/or renewed on this website on the "Pay Membership Dues" tab.
Questions regarding this program should be directed to: Mandy Spaulding, at 270-862-4340 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional application information required should be mailed to the attention of Amanda Spaulding, KWWOA/KLA, Hardin County Water Plant, 1500 Shipley Road, Cecilia, KY 42724.
http://www.abccert.org/testing_services/ExamReferences.asp - Study Materials for Lab Analyst
(Note: Adobe Acrobat is required to view forms on this page. Click here to download Adobe Reader.)