State Vice Chairman SOP - Approved September 23, 2014
State Vice-Chairman Duties SOP
- The State Vice Chairman will be elected by the membership to serve a two-year term and then a two-year term as the Chairman. The term of office will begin and end with the Annual Meeting.
- It is the responsibility of the State Vice-Chairman to help guide the Association based on its Mission Statement and Objectives set out in the Bylaws and any other strategic plans developed by the State Board.
- Conduct, in the absence of the Chairman, a minimum of one business meeting per year of all the members of the Association at a time and place selected by the Board of Directors. Conduct, in the absence of the Chairman, a minimum of four meetings per year of the State Board of Directors. As a proxy, the Vice Chairman will only vote on KWWOA State Board affairs in the event of a tie.
- Assist in promoting KWWOA’s standard operating procedures (see Procedures tab on the KWWOA website) among the State and Chapter Officers to ensure that all are actively/properly performing the duties of their position(s).
- Work to ensure that all KWWOA training programs are approved by the KY Boards of Certification and records are maintained for such in the proper manner.
- Work with the State Board and Chapter Officers to promote KWWOA Membership, training and events to all certified operators, drinking water and wastewater systems, sub-organizations, and associates involved in the business.
- Work to ensure that Association funds are properly safeguarded and documented and that expenses are paid within 30 days. Ensure that financial reports are submitted to all the proper authorities (State Board, KY Secretary of State, IRS) in a timely manner.
- Assist with locating advertisers for the KWWOA newsletter, web page, events and Annual Conference.
- In the long-term absence of the Chairman, serve as the primary supervisor to the Member Services Director, contract State Treasurer and other employees and Sub Organizations, who may be hired, performing all necessary duties to ensure the success of these employees.
- The Vice-Chairman shall serve as Chair of the Awards Committee and ensure that the Awards SOP is followed in the awarding all State Level Awards.
Publish to Procedures:
Publish to BM: