State Chairman SOP - Approved September 23, 2014
State Chairman Duties SOP
- The State Chairman will be elected by the membership to serve a two-year term as the Vice-Chairman and then a two-year term as the Chairman. The term of office will begin and end with the Annual Meeting.
- It is the responsibility of the State Chairman to guide the Association based on its Mission Statement and Objectives set out in the Bylaws and any other strategic plans developed by the State Board.
- Conduct a minimum of one business meeting per year of all the members of the Association at a time and place selected by the Board of Directors. Conduct a minimum of four meetings per year of the State Board of Directors. Call Special Meetings as needed to fulfill the work of the Association. Conduct all meetings in accordance with Robert’s Rules of Order. The Chairman will only vote on KWWOA State Board affairs in the event of a tie.
- Ensure that all State and Chapter Officers are aware of standard operating procedures (see Procedures tab on the KWWOA website) adopted by the Association and that they are actively/properly performing the duties of their position(s).
- Ensure that all KWWOA training programs are approved by the KY Boards of Certification and records are maintained for such in the proper manner.
- Work with the State Board and Chapter Officers to promote KWWOA Membership, training and events to all certified operators, drinking water and wastewater systems, sub-organizations and associates involved in the business.
- Ensure that Association funds are properly safeguarded and documented and that expenses are paid within 30 days. Ensure that financial reports are submitted to all the proper authorities (State Board, KY Secretary of State, IRS) in a timely manner.
- Assist with locating advertisers for the KWWOA newsletter, web page, events and Annual Conference.
- Serve as the primary supervisor to the Member Services Director, contract State Treasurer and other employees and Sub Organizations, who may be hired, performing all necessary duties to ensure the success of these employees.
- The Chairman shall appoint the Nominating Committee including a State Board of Director Representatives from each Chapter. The Chairperson is also empowered to create such additional committees as may be required to fulfill the objectives of the Association.
Publish to Procedures:
Publish to BM: