Northern Kentucky Water District – Plant Operator 2nd Shift SCHEDULE: Tuesday-Saturday, 3pm-11pm
The Plant Operator is responsible for the daily production and operation of the water treatment plants. This position is also responsible for ensuring that water quality meets all standards. Additionally, this position contributes to regulatory compliance and efficient operations of the District.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Responsible for the efficient operations of the water treatment plants
• Operates all plant equipment and controls
• Oversees the SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) system to monitor and operate the distribution system including, water storage tanks and pumping
• Conduct routine testing and monitoring to ensure quality of water
• Documents and records daily operating data
• Monitor and adjust dosages of chemical feed equipment as necessary
• Communicate and coordinate with other departments regarding maintenance, system interruptions, ongoing projects and issues which might impact water
production and distribution
• Responsible for the operation of the residual handling facility
• Monitors security systems of all facilities
• Receives, handles and stores chemicals and other supplies
• Responsible for general housekeeping duties
• Ensures compliance of company policies, including but not limited to safety concerns and incident reporting
• This description describes only the core areas of responsibility; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department
Required Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Valid Driver’s License
• Kentucky state Class IVA Operators license not required for new hire, but incumbent is required to obtain license once eligible
• Ability to learn intimate details of the water system to understand how various components interact with each other
• Ability to troubleshoot unique problems
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately
• Ability to work with computer software and Microsoft Office programs
• Ability to help customers in a polite and courteous manner
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job primarily operates in a climate-controlled office or laboratory setting. Some time may be spent outdoors or in a processing treatment facility which would involve exposure to weather conditions, elevated noise levels or conditions commonly not found in a typical office environment. Persons in this role will also be exposed to potentially hazardous chemicals. Works with equipment such as computer, laboratory equipment, SCADA system, copy machine, fax and phones. Frequently required to sit, climb, lifting in excess of 50lbs., push/pull, carry, grasp, reach, stoop and crawl. The position requires auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and/or procedures. There is no regular travel expected for this position. Position may be required to work various shifts, weekends and holidays.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If you have an interest in the above named position, and you meet the listed qualifications, please complete and submit an application form which is available at www.nkywater.org or in person at 2835 Crescent Springs Road, Erlanger, KY 41018. Applications may be submitted by email to email@example.com or mailing to 2835 Crescent Springs Road, Erlanger, KY 41018.
Northern Kentucky Water District
2835 Crescent Springs Road
Erlanger, KY 41018