Layne – A Granite Company – Operator
Granite Construction is a global construction, water management, and drilling company, providing responsible solutions for transportation, water, mineral and energy resources.
Granite operates in more than 80 integrated offices worldwide. Our philosophy of responsible growth guides us in consistently doing the right thing for our people, the environment, our company and the clients we serve every day. We strive to leave the individuals and places we touch better off for their interaction with us, and our culture is embodied in our unwavering commitment to the core values that define us: Safety, Pursuit of Excellence, Integrity, Honesty, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Citizenship and Reliability.
• Responsible for the operation, and quality control of heavy machinery.
• Responsible for loading and mobilizing equipment to project site
• Responsible for operation of equipment in order to complete job tasks for removal/installation of pumping equipment.
• Make periodic inspections of equipment for any mechanical problems; work with operations manager to schedule equipment for repairs and preventive maintenance.
• Maintain motor report books for all heavy construction equipment.
• Operate heavy equipment.
• Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) (tanker endorsements preferred)
• 3+ years’ experience in construction industry
• Pump Installation/Well Rehabilitation/Drilling experience preferred
• Must have prior experience with heavy equipment operation
• Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to operate and maintain heavy equipment, service truck, hand tools and power tools
• Travel required, dependent on job site location
• Requires strenuous activity such as walking, bending, climbing, lifting minimum of 50 lbs, work in difficult ground conditions and work environments
Granite Construction is an AA/EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and a Drug-Free Workplace
email resumes to Derek.Brown@gcinc.com or fax to Derek Brown at 502-585-4169
Layne – A Granite Company
1301 E. Main Street
Louisville, KY 40206