KY AMERICAN WATER – Utility Worker
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Camden, NJ, the company employs over 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 46 states. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
To perform a variety of tasks including but not limited to locating, laying, repairing and extending underground water mains and distribution pipes and any other work as assigned by the supervisor.
To make decisions within guidelines established by the supervisor necessary to carry out and complete work assigned.
• Sets up barricades and places safety lights around work site to protect workers from street traffic.
• Breaks up asphalt and concrete, using pneumatic power tools for trenching and compaction.
• Manual digging of valve boxes and curb boxes using shovel and digging bar.
• Guide pipe sections, valves and fittings into position and holds pieces steady while works tightens connections.
• Tapping into pressurized water mains.
• Flaring and connecting copper piping.
• Installation of repair clamp on pressurized water mains and service lines.
• Operating of valves and fire hydrants. Investigates complaints and determines corrective action per Company procedure.
• Operating of pneumatic and/ or hydraulic boring equipment.
• Completes all necessary forms, sketches and field notes and be knowledgeable of usage of maps and records.
• Drives vehicles and/ or trucks in performance of general job, including housekeeping of vehicles.
• To conduct work as assigned by the supervisor or crew leader and to assist other personnel as required.
• Reports to immediate supervisor as directed.
• To inform other work areas and other personnel of situations which affect company operations.
• High School graduate or state recognized
• Educational Equivalency Certificate.
• College degree preferred.
• Must satisfactorily pass company’s physical examination.
• Must be able to perform such activities as walking, stooping, lifting, digging and climbing.
• Must be licensed to operate motor vehicle.
• Must acquire and maintain a CDL license, 90 days from job award date.
Prioritizes & Role Models Safety
Plans, Aligns, & Directs
Join American Water…We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
KY AMERICAN WATER
2300 Richmond Rd
Lexington, KY 40502