Georgetown Municipal Water & Sewer Service – Captial Projects Manager
GEORGETOWN MUNICIPAL WATER
& SEWER SERVICE (GMWSS)
GMWSS is accepting applications for the position of Capital Projects Manager (CPM). Under the direction of the General Manager, the CPM will work with engineering and operations staff to perform engineering analysis and facility planning, develop water and sanitary sewer system hydraulic models, and manage the GMWSS capital water and sanitary sewer program in areas of design and construction administration.
GMWSS is one of the top municipal water and sewer services in the state and offers an excellent benefits package with compensation based upon qualifications and experience
Class Title: Capital Projects Manager
Supervisor: General Manager
Class Characteristics: Under the direction of the General Manager, will work with engineering and operations staff to perform engineering analysis and facility planning, develop water and sanitary sewer system hydraulic models, and manage the GMWSS capital water and sanitary sewer program in areas of design and construction administration; performs related work as required.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists in evaluating proposals, plans, etc., from contractors, engineers, vendors, etc., and makes recommendations to General Manager.
2. Advises General Manager and department supervisors on engineering related issues and questions.
3. Assists in providing engineering-related technical assistance to other departments; may assist customers in achieving service requirements.
4. Performs planning activities for future expansions and upgrades.
5. Assists in writing specifications for projects as requested.
6. Assists in performing studies and prepares reports; assists in performing other duties as required.
7. Assists in developing standards and new programs as requested.
8. Prepares work orders for major system expansions.
9. Performs modeling and mapping duties.
10. Assists in working with federal and state regulatory agencies to ensure compliance.
11. Develops and/or supervises the development of records, reports, etc., as required or requested.
12. Approves work orders after reviewing for accuracy, comprehensiveness, etc.; approves completed projects.
13. May attend Board meetings
Training and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
2. Kentucky Professional Engineering License (or ability to obtain in 12 months).
3. 10 years of experience in hydraulic modeling, civil design, project management, and construction administration of water and sanitary sewer projects.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of equipment, materials, methods, and techniques used in all activities and programs of the utility.
2. Knowledge of physical sciences, civil engineering (related to water and wastewater systems), mathematics, geometry, trigonometry, etc.
3. Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and administrative regulations regarding applicable utilities.
4. Knowledge of, or ability to learn, GMWSS policies and procedures, including safety practices.
5. Knowledge of and ability to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
6. Knowledge of computers and applicable software programs.
1. Ability to perform professional activities in all weather conditions, rough terrain, heavy vegetation, etc.
2. Ability to comply with safety standards and practices.
3. Ability to operate computer and applicable software programs.
4. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with consulting engineers, GMWSS employees, and general public.
Instructions: Instructions are very general; must use own judgement most of the time.
Processes: Job frequently requires refinement of existing work methods and development of new techniques, concepts, or programs within established limits or policies.
Analytical Requirements: Assignments frequently involve decisions based on a wide knowledge of many factors where application of advanced or technical concepts are required.
Physical Demands of the Job: Work is performed both indoors at a desk or table, and in the field; must lift objects weighing less than 25 pounds; may be required perform work in inclement weather conditions in areas with rough terrain and heavy vegetation; must be in high places, confined spaces, and use stairs and ladders; must operate vehicle as a requirement of this position.
Tools and/or Equipment Used: Vehicle, computer, calculator, drafting equipment, copier, cad work station, survey equipment.
Contacts: Frequent public and internal contacts requiring tact and diplomacy
Confidential Information: Regular use of confidential information.
Mental Effort: Moderate/heavy.
Special Licensing Requirements: Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Certification/Registration Requirements: Must obtain registration as a professional engineer within one year after meeting experience requirements.
Overtime Provision: Exempt.
An employment application form can be obtained on our website at GMWSS.com/jobs or by calling Barbara Bowman, Loss Control Administrator/HR Officer at 502-863-7816, ext. 1112 or at 1000 West Main Street. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and employment application to P.O. Box 640, Georgetown, Kentucky, 40324 or submitted via our website. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; a resume does not substitute for an application.
Georgetown Municipal Water & Sewer Service
1000 W Main Street
Georgetown, KY 40324