City of Elizabethtown Valley Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant – Operator
STARTING PAY: Levels – $16.72/hr, $18.00/hr, $19.79/hr, $21.77/hr, $26.74
Pay dependent on certifications and experience (No license, Class I, II, III, IV)
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB:
The Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator is responsible to the Director of Wastewater Treatment for the operation, maintenance, and/or lab analysis of treatment facilities. Combinations of skilled and manual tasks are performed pertinent to the daily operation and maintenance of the plant. Perform analytical testing in accordance with State and Federal regulations. The position requires a general knowledge of sampling techniques, analytical procedures, laboratory safety, reporting requirements, and wastewater treatment. Work is performed at the wastewater treatment facilities, indoors and outdoors and in all types of weather.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Operate treatment facilities to control influent and plant flow streams, adjust chemical feed rates, operate solids processing equipment and monitor effluent quality. Connect and disconnect hazardous chemical tanks for treatment. Attend and participate in the monthly safety meeting. Operate all areas of the treatment plant, maintaining a daily shift log, and recording meter and gauge readings. Perform various labor tasks as required in and around the treatment plant. Operate the belt filter press. Interpret laboratory data and relate to operational controls. Change operational conditions due to various process changes. Monitor meters, gauges and control panels and report any abnormal changes to the Director of Wastewater Treatment. Perform shift work as necessary. Periodically perform routine laboratory tests and analysis. Assist with routine maintenance functions. Clean equipment, buildings and other custodial duties as required. Adjust schedule when required to fill other operator positions. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. High school graduate or equivalent GED.
2. Classification level and starting pay dependent on having a certified Kentucky Wastewater Operator License and experience.
3. Possess valid Kentucky Driver’s License.
4. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
5. Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
6. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees, the public, and other government and industry representatives.
7. Vision must be 20/20, or correctable to this level.
8. Ability to lift 75 lbs.
9. Must pass a Respirator Fit Test.
10. Ability to use tools and machines in the performance of duties.
11. Physically capable of performing essential job functions including walking long distances during shift to check plant operations.
Application forms can be found at https://elizabethtownky.org/employment/ or you can submit your resume to Corey Bond at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about the job you can call 270-737-7733 for more information.
City of Elizabethtown Valley Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant
2501 Gaither Station Road
Elizabethtown, KY 42701