City of Danville, Kentucky – Water Treatment Plant Operator (Class IV)
POSITION SUMMARY: This is a non-supervisory position that provides complete and total operations of the water treatment plant. Will work under limited supervision assisting in the maintenance of the water treatment plant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Provides complete and total operations of the water treatment plant
• Assist in the maintenance of the water treatment plant
• Performs regular inspections
• Controls and adjust all instruments for water plant operations
• Conducts chemical analysis
• Makes calculations and adjustments in chemical feed equipment
• Prepares data, records, and reports as required
• Responsible for total operation of treatment equipment including monitoring alarms and inspection of equipment and processes
• Capable of driving trucks both large and small
• Responsible for cleaning of vehicles and equipment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required
• Must be able to respond to emergency calls during off-shift hours
• Ability to perform heavy manual labor as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• HS Diploma or GED.
• Must possess and maintain a valid drivers’ license
• 4 years of work experience in water treatment or similar field.
• Working knowledge of water treatment tools and equipment is required
• Prior experience with the operation of light and heavy duty trucks
• KY Class IV Water Treatment Operator License
COMPENSATION: The salary range for this position is $33,594 – $53,751.12. The starting salary will be determined by the candidates years of relevant work experience.
• 100% Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Company Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
• 100% Paid Life Insurance
• Vacation Pay
• Sick Pay
• Holiday Pay
• Educational Assistance
• KY CERS Non-Hazardous Duty Retirement
Application Process: The position will remain open until filled with the most qualified candidate. To be considered for this position please e-mail a completed application to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can also be mailed or dropped off at the following address: Danville City Hall, 445 West Main St., Danville, KY 40422.
For more information about this position and/or the recruitment and hiring process you may contact Human Resources at 859-936-6866. A detailed job description is available upon request.
City of Danville, Kentucky
445 W. MAIN ST
DANVILLE, KY 40422